Summary: A creamy chai latte flavoured frozen popsicle treat. Avocado adds a subtle green colour and a creamy texture, but these refreshing summertime treats don’t taste at all like avocado.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sugar Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free
- 1/2 avocado, barely ripe, peeled, pit removed
- 1 cup almond milk or milk substitute of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp gluten free loose leaf chai tea, or 2 tea bags of your favorite chai tea. I usedDavids Tea – coco chai rooibos
- Heat milk to about 180°F. Pour over tea, allow to steep for five to ten minutes. Remove tea bags, discard.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth with a pudding like consistency. There shouldn’t be any avocado pieces or flecks remaining. Strain through a strainer if needed.
- Pour mixture into individual Popsicle molds. If you don’t have Popsicle molds, you can use any kind of small containers along with Popsicle or Lollipop sticks, as long as they are food safe and freezer safe. For example, I wouldn’t use plastic cups and sticks from a craft store unless they were clearly marked as “food safe”.
- Freeze for several hours until solid. Run under water to release popsicle from the molds.
- Makes about 2 Cups, depending on the size of the avocado. I usually get about 4 Popsicles plus a bit extra that I freeze in ice-cube trays for our little grandson. Coffee stir sticks stuck in the middle of the mixture serve quite well as a handle for his little hands.